Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our 4th of July

The gang





Gracie's kimono

Kortney and Madi
Mommy and Gracie's "CHEESE" smile

Madilynn cooling off Gracie throwing rocks

Gracie, Madi, and Daddy
Madi and Daddy


First, we hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend. We got an invite to go camping this year and on Thursday we decided we wanted to to go and see how the girls would do. So all of Thurs we got ready and did all the shopping. Friday we drove about an hour and a half to the campsite. It was so hot when we arrived. We set up our tent and went to find our friends who were at the river swimming. They found a great secluded swimming hole. We stayed at the river for 4 hours and the girls just loved it! They didn't complain the whole time. Gracie and Madi love the outdoors. They got so dirty playing in the dirt and petting the dogs. It was so much fun, until about 11pm. And no, it wasn't the girls that made it bad, it was my ALLERGIES!!! We were a bit worried that the girls would have a hard time falling asleep, but within 15 minutes they were out. So the adults stayed up until 12 hanging around the fire. By that time I had tissues jammed up both nostrils and running through a brand new box of tissues fast. I knew it was going to be a rough night, so we put an air mattress in the van so I could sleep in there and not wake the girls up. Around 2 am, I was still awake and suffering so bad. I was running out of Kleenex fast. I decided to go wake Jeff up and tell him that we had to leave. There was no way I could have stayed. I can't remember the last time I had an allergy attack that bad. So we loaded up our perfect sleeping babies into the van and took off. That was the longest hour and half ever! When we pulled into town around 3:15 am I used my last tissue. At 3:30, I was taking a shower to get the smoke off. I was a lot better the next day, which was the 4th, so we went back up to the campground and then went to the beach to watch fireworks. Overall it was a great time, but man alive I hope I don't get an attack like that ever again!!!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry you still suffer with those damn allergies. When are you going to the allergist? I truly feel so bad for you. It is totally miserable. But you know at least the girls liked it and they did well. So that's a good thing. Looks like you guys found a really nice spot.
We can't wait to see you. mom

Chance and Beth said...

Oh my goodness. Sounded fun until all the icky-ness! Great pictures. I love when babies cooperate!

Trevor and Dayna said...

Your poor allergies. I remember your snoring when we were having spend overs all the time. I'm sorry you were so miserable.

Kelsey said...

LEA! That is such a bummer you had allergies! I'm sorry sis! I'm glad you ejnoyed 4th of July though..sounded like a better day for ya! And the pics of those two little girls are so stinkin adorable! I love their little afros! Can't wait to see them this next week!! SO SOON! :~) yay Harry Potter!

Anonymous said...

That place looks soooo beautiful!! What fun pics!! Glad the girls had fun.....but poor Mommy! DAM-IT!!
I'm worried about that when you come home--stupid cotton is still flying around in the air. Want me to snag some cotton rolls from the office for your nose?? Seriously??
Love ya, G&G Lau :)

meagan said...

Lea, I hope you are feeling all better by now! You were such a trooper to head back up there. Watching fireworks at the beach sounds awesome.

Cordie said...

dang it! Thats all I have to say

Sarah Smith said...

Glad to see that the girls had a good time. Allergies are never fun!! We all have them.. Hope all is well with your little family!! The girls get cuter ever time I get on here to see new pics

Kortney said...

We need to go camping again and find some sort of bubble to put you inside... maybe a high tech astronaut suit or something. =)

Heather said...

Wow, how lucky I am not to have seasonal allergies. Not to rub it in or anything but I see how bad my husband is & I feel lucky to only be allergic to animals & some nuts. Sounds like the drive there was still worth it to play in the river & visit with friends!! Very memorable too!